- in Not Approved by Caroline So
Is LimeLife A Scam? The NASTY Truth About This Skincare And Cosmetic MLM!
Welcome to my LimeLife by Alcone Review!
With online business opportunities operating on multi-level marketing structures keep on burgeoning all over the scene, legitimacy is the number one concern. That’s why you’re probably here inquiring of this business someone must have referred to you, skeptical if it’s legit and not a scam? Or will it give you a substantial amount of profit?
LimeLife Review Summary
Founders: Alvin Cohen
Product Type: Multi-Level Marketing
Price: $99 To $169 For The Business Kits + $9.9.5 Every Month For The Website
Quick Summary: LimeLife by Alcone is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that sells cosmetics and skin care products including tools for makeup.
Being an MLM business model, you can earn in this opportunity through retail sales and recruitment commissions. However, even their income disclosure statement shows that income potential is low!
Overall Rating: 4/10
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
In this post, we’ll talk about LimeLife -- an opportunity that lets you make money by selling makeup and recruiting people to join the program. Considering that recruitment is involved, is there a chance that this business is legit?
Can it really help you make money? How does it work?
Find out all the answers you need in this LimeLife review!
What Is LimeLife About?
LimeLife by Alcone is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that sells and markets its brand of products, a line of makeup and skincare products and accessories which they manufacture.
The company was initially called Alcone and has been operating for a really long time, considering it was founded in 1952 by Alvin Cohen.
It is a family-owned business born and bred in New York City. Cohen recognized the need for a specialty store that could serve New York City’s thriving theatrical community. What began as a small store selling eyelashes and stage makeup to starlets and showgirls has since grown to a big company.
LimeLife by Alcone evolved and rebranded itself from its original founding name -- Alcone. Ever since it was founded, it has grown, rebranded, restructured, and added new products to its product line.
The name of "LimeLife by Alcone” was the latest rebranded name that happened in 2018.
Here’s a quick history of the brand:
- 1996 - Created Beauty/Tech, a collection of their top-selling makeup products and shades, and evolved into Alcone at Home.
- 2013 - Alcone For Everyone was launched as a way for makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts to sell professional makeup to people
- 2015 - Alcone For Everyone added natural, luxury skincare to their existing beauty line
- 2017 - Alcone partnered with L’Occitane which ended up owning 40% of Alcone in the United States and 60% of Alcone worldwide.
LimeLife Product Line
The products LimeLife manufactures and distributes are a wide range of skincare and cosmetic products with prices ranging from $20 to $150. These are divided into three categories:
- Skincare- includes cleansers, face masks, moisturizers, serums, face oils, sun care, men's skincare, bath products, hand and body, and some sets
- Makeup- makeup for priming and setting, complexion, eyes, brows, lips, body and as well as custom palettes, make up remover, makeup sets and collections, and vegan makeup products
- Tools- includes accessories, brushes and sets, sponges, organization (brush roll and holder), lighted mirrors, cleansers, and removers
Does the product work?
Well, all LimeLife skincare and professional makeup products are Leaping Bunny-certified, cruelty-free, organic and chemical-free and as natural as possible without sacrificing performance. And most reviews about their products are positive!
The term from Beauty to Blood, that Alcone has everything you need is pretty weird. Imagine Beauty to Blood? That’s creepy. However, what they meant was that 60% of everything put on your skin goes into your blood. As products are said Chemical and cruelty-free, LimeLife by Alcone offers healthy products that promote skincare and professional grade makeup.
How To Make Money With LimeLife?
Basically as an MLM opportunity, you will earn through retail and recruitment commissions.
But as a run-through, LimeLife by Alcone compensates its affiliates (Beauty Guides) in 9 different ways:
- Base Commission- 20% commissions on all retail sales and as well as personal purchases
- Fast Start Incentives- provided in the form of product credits as well as actual money when Beauty Guides reach specific goals within the first 100 days. It changes from time to time, details about the current Fast Start rewards program can be found on the affiliate's dashboard.
- Enhanced Commission- When the rank of Beauty Guide or higher is reached, they can earn up to 15% more commissions on retail sales and personal purchases.
- Direct Enroller Bonus- pays 5% of all the retail sales and personal purchases of the Beauty Guides affiliates have personally recruited to the company.
- Certified Mentor Bonus- When the rank of Star Beauty Guide is reached, an affiliate has the opportunity to become a Certified Mentor for their team by completing the Mentor Certification Program. Once certified, they will receive a 2% commission based on the BV (Bonus Volume) of the retail sales of everyone who joins on their team from then on, until someone else in their team becomes a CM. (BV = 70% of each product’s retail price)
- Leadership Bonus- pays you 3% of the retail sales of up to 4 levels of Beauty Guides deep through a uni-level structure
- Leader Generation Bonus- qualified once the rank of Lead Director and higher is reached. It calculated as the 2% of the BV of affiliate’s personal sales volume as well as the sales volume of their entire downline.
- Executive Bonuses- When the rank of Lead Director is reached and someone in their downline becomes a Lead Director as well, their 2% Leader Generation Bonus is replaced with a 3% bonus of the BV of that Lead Director’s entire downline.
- Car/Lifestyle Bonus- When the rank of Lead Director or higher is reached, Beauty Guides will be receiving a monthly Car/Lifestyle Bonus which can be as much as $1000 per month on top of all the other commissions and bonuses received and can even go upgrading their lifestyle by purchasing a luxury car, a bigger home and more.
To learn more about LimeLife, you can watch the video below:
Is LimeLife A Scam?
LimeLife by Alcone is not a scam. It is a legitimate MLM company, selling and distributing tangible skincare and makeup products which an affiliate can gain income from depending on sales and recruitment commissions.
The now rebranded name is even a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited business with an A+ rating. However, they’ve changed and rebranded their name a couple of times which for me maybe a bane and lead people into confusion.
Being an MLM opportunity, LimeLife by Alcone offers an affiliate program and term their affiliates as Beauty Guides. To start on board as a Beauty Guide in LimeLife, one must purchase a starter kit that comes at 2 different levels (you’ll choose only one) and you must fill in an application on their website.
These are the Starter Kits to choose from:
The Business Starter Kit ($99)
There is only 1 variation of this starter kit. Includes the following items:
- Perfect Eyeliner Pen
- Perfect Mascara
- Perfect Translucent Powder
- Perfect Lip Gloss
- Travel-Size Priming Spray
- Travel-Size Setting Spray
- Mini Powder Brush
- Catalog & Training Materials
The Silver Business Starter Kit $169
It has 4 different variations to choose from (Light, Medium, Dark, Deep)
Includes the following items:
- 10 Catalogs
- Foundation Matching Card
- Training Materials
- Face Mask
- Dew Date Face Oil
- Bamboo Renew Body Scrub
- Blush/Powder Trio Palette
- Perfect Eyeliner Pen
- Perfect Mascara
- Enduring Lip Liner
- Enduring Lip Color
- Perfect Lip Gloss
- 2 Perfect Lipsticks
- Blenderful Non-Latex Makeup Sponge
On top of that, a Beauty Guide must also pay the $9.95/month for the website (which is free for the first month), and starting in their first year, they’ll also have to pay $75 which is then payable annually.
Here Is My Top Recommendation to Start Highly Profitable Online Business from Comfort Of Your Home
Taking into consideration that the roots of LimeLife have been around for more than 6 decades, Limelight by Alcone is definitely an established company. It will not go this far if it’s not doing good. It’s even gone global. However, the downside of it is that it was rebranded several times.
It would cost you quite a lot joining as a Beauty Guide because one must not only pay the starter kits that will cost $99-$169 but they’ll also have to pay $75/year to keep their membership active. And also there is the monthly website fee of $9.95. So the total cost yearly would sum up to more than $300.
On top of that, they should also achieve $300 in sales monthly to keep their business "active". So what if they can’t gain enough sales? Well, they’ll probably end up paying for the products to reach their monthly quota. That’s another expense! And also a lot are complaining of having difficulty to cancel or get a refund in LimeLife.
For those looking for a full-time job, this could not give much of a living. The income potential is low, even their income disclosure statement shows that. So, with such facts, will you still go on even if success is uncertain? For me, definitely not!
Being an MLM platform, it's going to be hard to make sales and recruit people into your downline. Instead of focusing on your sales quota alone, you’ll also have to struggle to recruit and build your own team.
With a lot in mind, it would really require experience, hard work, and skills. Taking also into consideration, that beauty and cosmetics are one of the most saturated niches in the MLM world, so you’ll have a lot of contenders.
Tired of Trading Your Precious Time for Money?
Here is a Blueprint to Owing Highly Profitable Online Business Without Any Experience REVEALED!
Who Is It For?
It is a business opportunity that favors more those who are skillful and experienced in sales and the MLM industry. It is also for those who are passionate about skincare and are into cosmetics in which the majority are women.
By joining as a company Beauty guide, one is provided with a replicated website and access to a back-office which you could acquire a personalized online dashboard.
The starter kits purchased not only provide the products but as well as the marketing and training materials needed by a Beauty Guide in their LimeLife business.
Overall, I would not recommend you joining this MLM business opportunity that LimeLife by Alcone offers.
Yes, it is not a scam. In fact, it’s a legitimate and long-standing company. However, just like other MLM opportunities, here go the sales and recruitment challenges.The pressure with monthly quotas is also with this business. It’s not a drawback because this is the kind of business model it follows but for newbies, this is a daunting task.
Not only is it expensive -- both the products and membership fees -- there are also the struggles with your competitors.
Also, while it can probably give an income, it’s barely enough for a living. It’s even of low-income potential, even their income disclosure statement proves that! It’s not to generalize MLMs but most of the time, chances of succeeding are really hazy. You should probably consider taking a look for better businesses. So better skip this one!
I’m not here to disdain MLM opportunities. There are indeed legit networking companies like the one we’ve reviewed in the past.
However, making money with this kind of business model is almost blurry so instead, I suggest that you join our top-recommended program.
No recruitment. No need to purchase products every month. And the best part is that you get access to the following:
- A proven strategy to work smart and earn a lot (literally)
- Step-by-step guidance
- Best possible support including your own training coach
- Lots of training resources
- My personal help
- And so much more!
Thank you for reading our LimeLife review and I hope it helped you decide. For questions or comments, please feel free to share it below.